image file output

Michael A. Lonetto lonetto at CGL.UCSF.EDU
Fri May 3 19:50:14 EST 1996

At 2:59 PM 5/3/96, Michael Bass wrote:
>Is there a way to create an image file as output from GCG programs, like
>pepplot?  I'd like to display the results of an analysis on the Web.  I'd
>like to stay away from doing a screen capture to get the image.  I've
>looked at a number of image conversion programs, but I can't find a format
>that GCG can write and the conversion program can read.

Do you have Adobe Illustrator V. 6.0?  It can read the postscript (EPS)
output from GCG and save as JFIF ( .jpg).  Makes it pretty easy to
convert GCG output to real figures.  Note:  The EPS has to be single page
output or you end up having to split it up by hand with a text editor (each
page worth of data needs of copy of the header).

>Thanks for any tips!
>
>Mike Bass

Good luck,

Mike

Michael A. Lonetto   lonetto at cgl.ucsf.edu
UCSF Dept. of Stomatology, 513 Parnassus Ave
San Francisco, CA 94143-0512
http://terminator.ucsf.edu/people/lonetto.html