Peptidic map with MAP and MAPPLOT

Jack Leunissen jackl at caos.kun.nl
Thu Mar 14 09:12:40 EST 1996

Hi Philippe,

Philippe Dessen wrote:

> During training we have discover an uncdocumentated function in GCG :
> use of MAP or MAPPLOT with a protein sequence .
> Perfect !! production of a peptidic map with peptidic cleavage reagents.
> There is nothing in genhelp or paper doc ...

But isn't this exactly what "peptidemap" does? In fact, this is an alias
for ( set noglob; $GCGUTILDIR/map -programname=peptidemap !* ). So you
see, it is MAP!

Jack

       Jack A.M. Leunissen, PhD | CAOS/CAMM Center
       Email: jackl at caos.kun.nl | University of Nijmegen
       Tel. : +31 24 365 22 48  | Toernooiveld 1
       Fax  : +31 24 365 29 77  | 6525 ED Nijmegen, The Netherlands
     +------- CAOS/CAMM is the Dutch National Node in EMBnet -------+