eXodus and WPI

Nick Staffa, ph 361-9422 ext226 STAFFA at NIEHS.NIH.GOV
Thu Mar 7 13:30:03 EST 1996

Thank you all for the recent discussion about X emulators for Mac.

I've been testing eXodus 5.2 with WPI.
Today I noticed that if I click functions/mutiple/pileup and get the pileup
job setup window, then I click change to get some sequences, I see the MLW
behind change and add its buttons at the bottom, but it does not come forward.
Moreover, when I bring MLW forward and then click Apply selection and ret., it
does not go back. I must send it to the back (nice of Wpine to have this
feature !-) ).  This behaviour is not unique to PileUp.
Other windows seem to pop up and regress properly; save that sending a
window to the back doesn't make the one in front active.

I've seen this running from VMS and from Digital Unix 3.2c.

Have you seen this?
Is there a setting in eXodus I have wrong?

MacX, which we have been using, seems to do just fine. MacX doesn't talk to
me about undefined colors or the depth of my screens. MacX setups seem easier:
more compact, more straight forward. MacX allows monitor PopUp as a setup
option; in eXodus it seems available only thru the edit clients menu.
I might be wrong about these things; White Pine is invited to respond.