WPI for computer illiterate

Francois Jeanmougin jeanmougin at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Mar 7 03:42:05 EST 1996

In article <Andy.Law-0603960953050001 at pc0734.ri.bbsrc.ac.uk> Andy Law,
Andy.Law at bbsrc.ac.uk writes:
>WPI is ghastly because (in its initial incarnation; things may have
>changed) it is not the slightest bit intuitive. The point of a graphical
>interface is that it should make things easier to do, not harder. I spent
>three-quarters of an hour one lunchtime trying to add multiple sequences
>to a work-list before finally sussing it out and I am not
>computer-illiterate.

	I have to say that I try the same and can't find the solution. The thing
you have to note is that it is just very difficult to convert command
line users to WPI users, but, in our institute beginners that begins with
WPI have no problems and find it very friendly (short experience for
now...).

					Cheers,
						Francois.

Francois Jeanmougin