IUBio

Mac XWindows emulators.....

Francois Jeanmougin jeanmougin at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr
Wed Mar 6 04:09:44 EST 1996

In article <313C81AD.4264 at umds.ac.uk> Mr SMNN Faruque,
s.faruque at umds.ac.uk writes:
>the demo of this was terrible.  Unlike eXodus (for MSWindows), all the
>X-Windows appeared inside a single Mac window and I couldn't seem to
>switch between X-Windows.

	It's not really true, If you use the Sun rootless tool of the Exodus
package, then all the windows (command tool, xterm and so on) look like a
Mac window. This is  more usefull and take less memory (in fact, putting
all the X-Windows in one window allows you to run Exodus on a small
screen, because it creates a virtual screen).

					Cheers.
						Francois.

Francois JEanmougin
Bioinformatic service