IUBio

Mac XWindows emulators.....

Cornelius Krasel krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Mar 5 13:55:27 EST 1996

Jerry Learn (learn at u.washington.edu) wrote:
> I use eXodus, and it works pretty well.

We also use eXodus, but it is pretty slow compared to a PC running Linux.
In addition, I second the previous posters' comments about the user-
unfriendlyness of WPI. In my hands, WPI is just a waste of time :-)
(The advantage of using X-Windows is that you can display GCG graphics
on your screen pretty nicely -- the X-Windows-Graphic of GCG is a slight
advantage over the TEK emulation.)

--Cornelius.