GCG user support

rf me at you.too
Mon Jul 29 05:02:59 EST 1996

Fellow Cyberpunks,
                   I have a detailed (paper) tutorial for
the Unix version of GCG. It is based on a tutorial for the
VMS version written by my predecessor in this position,
Mark Reboul. Although there are some site-specific aspects,
99 % of it is applicable to GCG anywhere. It is available
to workers at nonprofit institutions for $40 US in the
Unites States (counting postage). The cost will be higher
outside the US to reflect shipping costs. The manual
includes an introduction to our local system for people
with no computer experience including a self study guide
to learning Unix (actually a syllabus for using the Waite
Group Unix book). The total package is about 200 pages long.

If you are interested send a check for $40 made out to

Columbia-Presbyterian Cancer Center

to:
Dr. Richard Friedman
Columbia-Presbyterian Cancer Center
Computer Facility
Room P&S 1-420B
630 W. 168th St.
New York, NY 10032

Inquires from outside the US should write me via e-mail.

I hope this is of use to you.

Rich
Richard A. Friedman