GCG user support

Stuart M. Brown browns02 at mcrcr.med.nyu.edu
Fri Jul 26 15:19:06 EST 1996

In article <4sg8lu$rrj at arcturus.ciril.fr>, pingouin at crystal.u-strasbg.fr
(Francois Jeanmougin) wrote:

>         Hi all,
>
>         I noticed that in the GCG community, there is a category that
> is growing exponentially, that is the user support community. I mean
> people that don't do gcgmanagement (or not too much) but are in
> big institutes and have to support lot of users.
>         Most of us are writting tutorials in several ways, there is
> also a FAQ. I want to know if you are interested in a centralisation
> of this work. At this time, I have an Indy with 300Mo free that can
> support something like a mailing list server or something like that.
>
>         If you are interested in such a way of work, let me know.
>
>                                                 Francois.
> Francois Jeanmougin
> Service de bioinformatique / bioinformatics service
> IGBMC
> BP 163
> 67404 Illkirch France
> tel : (33) 88 65 32 71
> e-mail : jeanmougin at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr

I am very interested in any developments in the area of GCG user support.
I am just getting started in just such a job for New York Univ. Medical Center
and have disovered a major need for a "How-to-Use_GCG" primer, preferably
Web-based and I have no desire to re-invent the wheel.

--
Stuart M. Brown, Molecular Biology Consultant
NYU-MC Research Computing Resource, Dept. of Cell Biology