FAS/WPI

David Womble dwomble at cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
Thu Jul 25 15:39:36 EST 1996

What am I doing wrong?  I have a set of 16 overlapping restriction
fragments that assemble into a 2191 bp contig just fine from the
command line, using all default parameters.  Thru WPI, they will
not assemble...get 16 individual contigs, again with all default
parameters.  I'm supposed to be demonstrating to a graduate course
on using GCG...perhaps this is in fact a good demo of how the
WPI works/doesn't work.

help at gcg.com suggested I needed more memory, so I bought a new
Sun Sparc 20 with 128 MB RAM and give 256 MB swap.  Results are
the same as before.  Guess it must be something else I'm doing
wrong...(nice machine, though).

Any help appreciated.

-David

--
David D. Womble                       Phone:  313-577-2374
Center for Molecular Medicine and     Fax:    313-577-6200
Genetics, Wayne State University      E-mail: dwomble at cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
5047 Gullen Mall, Detroit, MI 48202   http://cmmg.biosci.wayne.edu/