WPI, eXodus and Windows 95

Francois Jeanmougin pingouin at crystal.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Jul 25 02:32:53 EST 1996

In article <01I7GELU5LGI8ZTFVO at niehs.nih.gov>,
	STAFFA at NIEHS.NIH.GOV ("Nick Staffa, ph 361-9422 ext226") writes:
>1)     The Backspace key at the upper right corner of the keyboard,
>the one homologous to everyone elses Delete key, just acts as a
>backspace when doing seqed.
> "osfBackSpace          :       <Key>Delete"
>in WpiSmall has no effect apparently.

	This act also in the command line interface of GCG. Backspace
is always coded as <ctrl>H, whatever you can say to your shell that
<ctrl>H is, seqed will understand <ctrl>H, and then go to head
(beginning)of the sequence. (smae with all sequence editors in GCG
lineup, gelenter (which is seqed) and gelassemble...)

>2)      The program bombs when the button "Add text file"
>in the output manager is clicked.

Never happened to us, but we never used eXodus for Win95...Try to launch
from an Xterm to see if the server give an error message...

						Francois

--
Francois Jeanmougin
Service de bioinformatique / bioinformatics service
e-mail : jeanmougin at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr

Nagasaki ne profite jamais (STTELLLA)