IUBio

WPI, eXodus and the default cursor

Francois Jeanmougin pingouin at .u-strasbg.fr
Thu Jul 25 02:37:05 EST 1996

In article <01I7GG7YRWGY8ZTFVO at niehs.nih.gov>,
	STAFFA at NIEHS.NIH.GOV ("Nick Staffa, ph 361-9422 ext226") writes:
>Shifting focus to the MacIntosh:
(cut)
>In eXodus, the default cursor in the Main List Window is a big ugly "X".
>We have managed to get that to be a left pointing arrow by specifying
>the default cursor font to be decw$cursor.
>This is a lot better than the X cursor, but, tho it points to the left,
>it does so at a 45 degree angle which gives a rather flaccid look and feel to
>operations in the main window.   What designation of default cursor would
>restore the proper angle to the arrow?

	I don't know which version of eXodus you use, but I never see
such cursor. Try to make eXodus run as Sun Rootless (if you connect
to a sun), and in the screen editor menu, use the motif like
windows appearance, this can help, perhaps.

						Francois.

--
Francois Jeanmougin
Service de bioinformatique / bioinformatics service
e-mail : jeanmougin at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr

Nagasaki ne profite jamais (STTELLLA)