GelMerge algorithm

Aengus Stewart aengus.stewart at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Jul 9 09:09:53 EST 1996

I have gone through the section in the program manual millions of
times now and I am still no clearer in deciphering how GelMerge
joins up 2 contigs.

Word size is the minimum contiguous block.  Is that right?
Why is word size needed if you must also fulfill the minimum
overlap length.
How does this influence the diagonals and how are the diagonals
interrogated?

Or to put it another way how does the bloody thing join 2 contigs
together!

Staden is a lot easier to understand.

Can some one point me in the right direction or is it get Wilbur
and Lipman; Needleman and Wunsch; time?

--
Aengus Stewart
Scientific Applications Software Support

Tele: (+44) 1582 762271 ext229

Aengus.Stewart at bbsrc.ac.uk