Fasta 3.0 and GCG 9 ??

Greg jquinn at nntp.best.com
Tue Jul 2 17:21:55 EST 1996

jrees at uctvms.uct.ac.za wrote:
: Hi there,

: I'm just reading the latest GCG newsletter, and notice that GCG 9 will have
: Fasta 2.0 included. Now, at the same time I'm reading Bill Pearson posting that
: he has Fasta 3.0 available. Is there any chance that we could hope for Fasta
: 3.0 to be included instead of Fasta 2.0 please? (Yes I know all about the
: timeframes, that why I'm asking now, not in 6 months time!)

I think that GCG extensively beta test their software and probably
wouldn't want to rush in new code until proven. Also, I would imagine that
the CD's take a couple of months to prepare and there isn't a whole lotta
time between now and the Fall release date to make changes. But then
again, I could be completely wrong.

Just my 0.02c worth.