seqpup: client-server at last...

Peter Rice pmr at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Jul 2 03:37:02 EST 1996

In article <4r9u8k$ciu at nntp1.best.com> jquinn at nntp.best.com (Greg) writes:
>   I downloaded a recent version of Seqpup, Don Gilbert's excellent sequence
>   analysis interface and was delighted to find that a new section had been
>   added to allow sequence information to be 'processed' via GCG running on a
>   remote UNIX server, precisely what I had been hoping for ages that GCG
>   would do. The program interfaces to the UNIX side via a 'Bopper' demon.
>   Has anyone else set this up for serious use, or extended the GCG
>   capabilities?

I am going to take a look at this for the EGCG programs too.

I saw Don Gilbert talk about it a little while ago - looks very interesting.

Peter Rice                           | Informatics Division,
E-mail: pmr at sanger.ac.uk             | The Sanger Centre,
Tel: (44) 1223 494967                | Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,
Fax: (44) 1223 494919                | Hinxton, Cambs, CB10 1SA,