IUBio

(no subject)

Peter Stockwell peter at sanger.otago.ac.nz
Mon Feb 19 15:37:59 EST 1996

Ken Volk (kvolk at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu) wrote:
> When using backtranslate, I would like to use a codon frequency table
> that is rat specific.  Does one exist?  I have constructed my own using
> 7 rat genes, but I was wondering if someone has constructed one from
> many rat genes.

The embl database server has a codonusage database which includes most
species for which a reasonable number of genes have been sequenced - rat
definitely included.  I'm not sure of the best way for you to access
the embl server (I have just looked it up using gopher for convenience and
got the German EMBL bio-information resource site) but the material is
probably mirrored elsewhere including ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/.

Peter A. Stockwell