how do I put an interactive program under WPI ?

Peter Rice pmr at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Apr 30 03:25:17 EST 1996

In article <4m2tut$1hq at rc1.vub.ac.be> gbottu at ben.vub.ac.be (Guy Bottu) writes:
>   I have started installing locally developed programs under the WPI.
>   There is however a problem with programs that are supposed to
>   start in a telnet window. Putting TERMINAL in the *.config file
>   is not enough, because the the program then starts in the
>   Job Manager window instead of in a new window. I know that
>   there are wpiseqed, etc. programs, but I could not find the
>   source code and so do not know what the difference with seqed, etc,
>   is. Can someone advice me ?

wpiseqed is simply (!) seqed linked with a different version of the
GCG procedure library routines for terminal handling.

See wpiexe:Makefile and look for $(WPIOBJECT)/terminalio.o and
$(WPIOBJECT)/syster.o which are linked to the normal object files
of seqed, lineup and so on to make the WPI versions.

Now, does anyone know a clean way to make these startup with something
other than a 24x80 window (defined by command line options of course :-)

Peter Rice                           | Informatics Division
E-mail: pmr at sanger.ac.uk             | The Sanger Centre
Tel: (44) 1223 494967                | Hinxton Hall, Hinxton,
Fax: (44) 1223 494919                | Cambs, CB10 1RQ