Submitting a protein

SI-Johanne Duhaime duhaimj at IRCM.UMontreal.CA
Mon Apr 22 09:38:08 EST 1996

Bonjour

One researcher want to submit a protein. Filling up the genbank form, we realize
that the target database do not include Swissprot*. Does it mean that we should
submit both databanks? What is the usual procedure for a protein?

* databases included:
These data will be shared among the following databases:  EMBL Data Library
(Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany); GenBank (NCBI, NIH, Bethesda, MD,
USA); DNA Data Bank of Japan (DDBJ; Mishima, Japan); National Biomedical
Research Foundation Protein Identification Resource (NBRF-PIR; Washington, D.C.,
U.S.A.); Martinsried Institute for Protein Sequence Data (MIPS; Martinsried,
Federal Republic of Germany) and International Protein Information Database in
Japan (JIPID; Noda, Japan).

Thank you for the help

--
Johanne Duhaime