Molecular Biology Computing Position.

smithp01 at mcrcr6.med.nyu.edu smithp01 at mcrcr6.med.nyu.edu
Thu Apr 11 09:53:24 EST 1996

We are currently interviewing candidates for a position at the NYU Medical
Center as the "Molecular Biology Computing Consultant" within the Research
Computing Resource of the Department of Cell Biology.

We expect that the successful applicant will have an M.D. or Ph.D., with
research experience in a biological field such as Genetics or Molecular
Biology, and will have expertise in the use of computational tools for
molecular biology (e.g. gene sequencing, database searching, etc.).
Experience with the GCG suite of programs will be very helpful.  The
individual will be expected to have sufficient experience to be eligible for
appointment to the faculty of the Cell Biology Department.

The responsibilities of the position will include the management of the
molecular biology databases and software on VMS, UNIX and Macintosh
platforms, regular consultation with faculty and students, the major teaching
role in an annual graduate course on computing for molecular biology and the
development of collaborative and/or original research projects.  The
individual will help the RCR team with the general administrative tasks that
come with running a small computing resource.

The Research Computing Resource is a major shared resource at NYU-MC with a
ten-year history of high quality service to the research faculty.  For
information about the RCR, look at its web page at:

http://rcr-www.med.nyu.edu

Please note that this is not an official advertizement of a job at NYU-MC:
such advertizements are made by the Personnel department only.  However, if
you would be interested in such a position or have additional questions,
please E-mail Ross Smith.