GCG Program Information

David Womble dwomble at cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
Tue Apr 9 14:52:56 EST 1996

FORTRAN libraries are required for the Solaris 2.x versions.  Actually
compiling is not required unless you make alterations from the
distributed binaries.  FORTRAN and C compilers are not bundled
with Solaris, but are available as extra cost options.  If you wish
to run GCG on Solaris 2.x, you should get and install the compilers.

Dr.Greg Quinn (jquinn at nntp.best.com) wrote:

: GCG comes with executables for the platforms it supports; no recompiling
: is normally necessary, (thank heavens, since it can be a pig to recompile)
: except for bug update corrections if wanted. I think it's  mostly ported
: (or at least partly ported) to C now. Installing it is relatively painless.
: I recall that it used to require the fortran compiler libraries on
: some platforms; I haven't checked recently if this this is still the case.

--
David D. Womble
Center for Molecular Medicine and     Phone:  313-577-2374
5047 Gullen Mall, Detroit, MI 48202   E-mail: dwomble at cmb.biosci.wayne.edu