findpatterns

Christoph Gartmann GARTMANN at IMMUNBIO.MPG.DE
Sun Sep 24 16:39:07 EST 1995

In <443gdk$2gk at rc1.vub.ac.be> Tylzanowski writes:

> I have to search genpept for a pattern. Well, everything worked, I got my
> findpatterns.find file and now I am stuck. I have about 140 hits in about as
> many genes. I would like to pull all the sequences out and have a quick look
> but I don't knwo how to do that. Of coursde, I could do it by hand, but it
> would be a bit tedious, especially if with some other patterns I find more
> hits.
> So, my question is this, how could I, easily and painlessly, retrieve the
> sequences and comments in question. Subsequently I would like to put them into
> pileup or smething like that.

I have a small PASCAL program to this. Let me know if you want a copy.

Regards,
   Christoph Gartmann

| Max-Planck-Institut fuer      Phone   : +49-761-5108-465   Fax: -221       |
| Immunbiologie                 PSI     : PSI%(0262)45050160374::GARTMANN    |
| Postfach 1169                 Internet: gartmann at immunbio.mpg.de           |
| D-79011  Freiburg, FRG                                                     |
+----------- Do you know MENUE, the user environment for OpenVMS? -----------+