generating GCG checksum value via perl

c_raffi at lcs.mit.edu c_raffi at lcs.mit.edu
Thu Oct 5 10:58:14 EST 1995

  I am trying to write a perl script (well MacPerl actually...) which
  will take DNA sequences in ascii format and convert them to GCG
  format.

  Before I reinvent the wheel I was wondering if anything like this already
  exists in perl, I am specifically looking for a perl implementation of
  the algorithim that generates the GCG checksum value for each sequence.

  regards,
 chris dagdigian

cdagdigian at genetics.com
c_raffi at ararat.lcs.mit.edu