In article <lnagata.5.000D1E2A at dres.dnd.ca>,
lnagata at dres.dnd.ca (Les Nagata) wrote:
>Would like to know if anyone is running GCG ver. 8 (Unix) on a Silicon
>Graphics indigo 2, R8000. Not getting a clear answer on this question from
>both GCG and SG. Would greatly appreciate some help in this matter.
>>Please reply to Les Nagata e-mail - lnagata at dres.dnd.ca
Answer (a little guess work):
1. It should be posible to run the dist 'out of the CD' on your box
2. If you want to rebuild and get access to the libs for development you have
to make sure yu've got the right compilers (IDO set) as described in the
GCG release notes.
3. Make sure you've copied the sources too.
4. You will have to make some correction to various scripts.
see ftp://bioslave.uio.no/egcg/egcg8/000readme.unix for instructions
which apply to installing EGCG as well.
5. Since you are probably running IRIX6, you will have set the C compilers
flag '-32', either globally or add it to the metamake makefiles.
Hope this helps