Graphics in GCG

risler at cgmvax.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr risler at cgmvax.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr
Mon Jan 30 10:39:00 EST 1995

Hi,

> BTW, I connect with VT100 emulation so I'm not able to get the graphic
> results
> on my screen ... I need to save the graph in a file on the server and then
> to FTP it on my PC before to see it. I would like to try  some good graphic
> terminal but I don't have one ........

Just to say that I use the VT340 emulation called Reflexion4 from Walker Richer
& Quinn and that I'm extremely satisfied with it (for the graphics on your
screen you have the choice between Regis and Tektronix emulation)

I'm also quite concerned about using X-Window over the net (our computer
facility will move somewhere else).

Finally, all these "point and click" interfaces are very nice ... provided they
are at least as good as the command line interfaces. As an example, I prefer
300% the command line version of SRS over the Mosaic version which I find much
less powerful.

Cheers,

Jean-Loup

risler at cgmvax.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr