IUBio

Graphics in GCG

Christoph Gartmann GARTMANN at IMMUNBIO.MPG.DE
Sat Jan 28 06:20:45 EST 1995

In <3g32sf$1qt at ghost.sm.dsi.unimi.it> delle at pc.unicatt.it writes:

> A lot of people talk about WPI ....
> In Italy we have (I think) few copies of  GCG ..  the (for sure) most used
> is a GCG 7.3 on a VAX cluster in Bari (EMBnet italian node)... I think they
> are moving from VMS to Unix so they didn't upgraded yet to GCG 8.
> we reach them via TCP-IP and we don't have a very fast connection.
> I WANT JUST TO USE THE MOUSE!  I WANT A MENU!

So try to convince them to use my GCG-menu as long as they have VMS. No mouse
but menus and cursor control. Available from "ftp.ebi.ac.uk" under
"/pub/software/vax". Ok, I put a shareware fee of US$ 15 on it but if they
can't afford it I won't mind ;-)

Regards,
   Christoph Gartmann

| Max-Planck-Institut fuer      Phone   : +49-761-5108-465   Fax: -221       |
| Immunbiologie                 PSI     : PSI%(0262)45050160374::GARTMANN    |
| Postfach 1169                 Internet: gartmann at immunbio.mpg.de           |
| D-79011  Freiburg, FRG                                                     |
+----------- Do you know MENUE, the user environment for OpenVMS? -----------+