Different interface needed for V8.0 altogether:TCP/IP clients

Reinhard Doelz doelz at comp.bioz.unibas.ch
Wed Jan 25 11:33:51 EST 1995

Peter Rice (pmr at unst.sanger.ac.uk) wrote:

: I believe there are other groups also looking at Tcl/Tk for their
: software, so some consensus may be beginning to appear.

Well, sort of. Similar to my comments on the VIBRANT toolkit;
Tcl/Tk is primarily a user interface. We'll need to come up with
a communication below in order to transfer files and sort out the
problems with the graphics. Agreed, Tcl/Tk is nice, but writing scripts
might become difficult if you need to go into interactive graphics.
I noticed that Tcl/Tk becomes very slow if the number of objects
handled is getting too large.

Regards
Reinhard

--
 R.Doelz         Klingelbergstr.70| Tel. x41 61 267 2247  Fax x41 61 267 2078|
 Biocomputing        CH 4056 Basel| electronic Mail    doelz at ubaclu.unibas.ch|