GCG on Silicon Graphics

gordon at chmeds.ac.nz gordon at chmeds.ac.nz
Tue Jan 17 04:30:09 EST 1995

Does anyone have any comments, positive or negative, about GCG running on
Silicon Graphics boxes? Comparison with DEC Alpha?

In particular, anyone got any details of an installation (hardware, no. of users
etc) that they can let me have?

SGI wasn't/isn't my first choice for GCG, but we may have little choice, and I'm
trying to get a handle on the issue.

Slainte
Gordon
--
Gordon Findlay,  Computer Scientist, Christchurch School of Medicine
                 Nuclear-free New Zealand       !There is nothing more