Eugene

David Womble dwomble at cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
Mon Jan 9 09:44:39 EST 1995

Keith Robison (robison at lipid.harvard.edu) wrote:
: Kelvyn Johns (wmckaj at thor.cf.ac.uk) wrote:
: : Can anyone tell me about a piece of software called Eugene?
: : I was told that it provides a friendly interface to GCG programs,
: : but have not been able to find anything more.

: Eugene was its own package independent of GCG, but with a friendlier
: front-end.  I believe it's commercial supplier killed it.

: GCG version 8 includes an X-windows interface.  Other approaches to
: "nicing" GCG are using it through GDE (UNIX) and the GCG menu
: package (VMS).

: Keith Robison
: Harvard University
: Department of Cellular and Developmental Biology
: Department of Genetics / HHMI

: robison at mito.harvard.edu

There is a very nice set of hypertext menus for UNIX called
HYBROW and HYGCGmenu.

They can be obtained by ftp from biomed.nus.sg:/pub/biocomp

--
David D. Womble
Center for Molecular Medicine and     Phone:  313-577-2374
5047 Gullen Mall, Detroit, MI 48202   E-mail: dwomble at cmb.biosci.wayne.edu