Eugene

Keith Robison robison at lipid.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 6 12:56:28 EST 1995

Kelvyn Johns (wmckaj at thor.cf.ac.uk) wrote:
: Can anyone tell me about a piece of software called Eugene?
: I was told that it provides a friendly interface to GCG programs,
: but have not been able to find anything more.

Eugene was its own package independent of GCG, but with a friendlier
front-end.  I believe it's commercial supplier killed it.

GCG version 8 includes an X-windows interface.  Other approaches to
"nicing" GCG are using it through GDE (UNIX) and the GCG menu
package (VMS).

Keith Robison
Harvard University
Department of Genetics / HHMI