IUBio

More Prettybox and EGCG

Peter Rice pmr at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Apr 27 10:29:03 EST 1995

In article <95042708005085 at merlin.med.ecu.edu> jsmith at MERLIN.MED.ECU.EDU writes:
>   I have been following the discussions on Prettybox and EGCG.
>   I have seen the results of PrettyBox in various publications and
>   it looks good.  Is this part of the EGCG package??  Where can I
>   find out more about EGCG and is a version available for Unix/OSF1?

Yes, PRETTYBOX is part of EGCG from version 8.0. There are also several
independent versions around.

The beta test of EGCG 8.0 will begin soon. We are just completing the
pre-beta testing and finalizing a few details.

More information is on my Web page:

	URL http://www.sanger.ac.uk/~pmr/

and the pre-Beta release of EGCG 8.0 is at:

Yes, it does indeed build on OSF (and Irix, Solaris, OpenVMS-AXP) we
believe (we will make sure just before announcing the beta that no recent
changes have upset things - Irix is the development platform).

Peter Rice                           | Informatics Division
E-mail: pmr at sanger.ac.uk             | The Sanger Centre
Tel: (44) 1223 494967                | Hinxton Hall, Hinxton,
Fax: (44) 1223 494919                | Cambs, CB10 1RQ