Restriction Enzyme Cutting Table by GCG?

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Fri Oct 28 05:09:01 EST 1994

Rookie Dad (jmullica at netserv.unmc.edu) wrote:
> I am interested in generating a table of restriction enzyme cuts of a
> particular DNA sequence, similar to the following:

> Enzyme		# cuts		Location

> BamHI			2		31, 12500
> EcoRI			3		545, 983, 13098

> Is there any way GCG will do this?

The GCG program MAPSORT does what you want, although it does not produce
the output format you request. So, you would probably have to write a filter
which reformats MAPSORT output into something similar to the table above.

--Cornelius.

/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795 */
/* "People are DNA's way of making more DNA." (Edward O. Wilson, 1975)    */