Restriction Enzyme Cutting Table by GCG?

Rookie Dad jmullica at netserv.unmc.edu
Thu Oct 27 13:00:41 EST 1994

I am interested in generating a table of restriction enzyme cuts of a
particular DNA sequence, similar to the following:

Enzyme			# cuts		Location

BamHI			2		31, 12500
EcoRI			3		545, 983, 13098

Is there any way GCG will do this?  I've tried using various command line
controls in MAP and have been unable to produce this type of output.  We
have yet to install GCGv8 so I don't know if v8 has this feature.  I
would appreciate any information on how to do this with GCG or any
Macintosh program (shareware or freeware, preferably).  Thanks very much
for your help and interest.

John

Please send comments to jmullica at netserv.unmc.edu

| John C. Mullican		  | jmullica at netserv.unmc.edu  |
| Dept. Pathology & Microbiology  |		               |
| University of Nebraska Med. Ctr.| Phone: 402-559-7697        |
| Omaha, NE  68198-6495		  |			       |