Using sonic digitizer with VersaTerm

Jasper Rees - Oxford University jrees at vax.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Oct 24 09:03:42 EST 1994

>Jasper Rees - Oxford University <jrees at vax.oxford.ac.uk> wrote:

>whatever) to a Mac and a digitizer, but with the wiring split two ways, so
that
>>the Mac gets transmit and recieve and the digitizer can only receive, (GCG

:((

>Ok, I'm beginning to understand. But, with regard to your three-way
>serial link: did you mean to say that digitizer is only able to TRANSMIT,
>rather than receive?

Just testing :)) If the digitizer has both then it gets confused (OK, I forget
exactly what the problem is, its been a few years since I looked at one of
these).

>have a port on the terminal server set aside for our use. Or, actually,
>is there a unix command that one could use to determine which tty port is
>being used, then you would have to use the -NAMES switch to define it for
>SeqEd? That way you could use whatever port you called in on, rather than
>having a separate phone number.

Thats what you are looking for, sorry I don't know the unix incantation for
this, but your sysop will, then you don't have to dedicate a port, he/she can
write a script to check it and set it as the switch to seqed.

jasper