Using sonic digitizer with VersaTerm

Mike Cherry cherry at stout.Stanford.EDU
Sat Oct 22 11:46:55 EST 1994

In article <1994Oct21.215727.18510 at rockyd>,
Michael Myers <myersm at rockyj.rockefeller.edu> wrote:
>I learned from our computer services dept. that there is no simple way to
>use the digitizer connected to the Mac modem port and direct the data to
>GCG. Instead, they offered to set up a serial connection from our site to
>the workstation running GCG. It's probably not worth the money. Thanks
>for the info on digispeak. It will do for the time being.
>
>michael myers
>myersm at rockvax.rockefeller.edu

It can be done.  The digitizer is only sending information, and in
digitizer mode you don't need the terminal keyboard, you only need to
receive information on the Macintosh or terminal.  So you can splice
into the serial cable and add a switch that you flip once in digitizer
mode.  This switch needs to change from the Mac's send line to the
digitizers send line.  I've done this in the past and it seemed to
work okay.