Using sonic digitizer with VersaTerm

Nick Staffa, ph 361-9422 ext226 STAFFA at NIEHS.NIH.GOV
Mon Oct 17 14:41:25 EST 1994

I have a user who really wants to use a sonic digitizer for entering data from
gels.
Most folks here are using their MACs or PCs with terminal emulation programs.
These computers have a direct ethernet link.
There is no hooking another device in parallel to a modem input as in the
past, nor can one connect directly to a terminal port.

I have bought for myself the latest Versaterm because I believe that it
can be used as a terminal server, and one can perhaps establish
communication to a digitizer thru the MACs printer port, or something.
I've not had time to explore this, but I was wondering if anyone else
out there may have.  If so I'd like to hear from you and brazenly benefit from
your experience.

We are now also in the process of installing our Version 8 with WPI.
Is there a neat way to use a digitizer with say Mac-X?
If Mac-X allowed data input thru the printer port, one could modify
Seqed to turn on this mode and accept the data, but I doubt if it does.
Is there a Mac-X expert out there who would know how to do this?