Pileup output

Brian Moldover brianm at falcon.dcrt.nih.gov
Thu May 26 07:13:58 EST 1994

Here's an interesting question that I had yesterday. We were doing a multiple sequence alignment
for publication using plieup of nucleic acid sequences. The person wanted to be able to display the
one letter AA symbol above their novel sequence, with the rest of the alignments below.

I couldn't think of a way to do this other than cut-and-paste with a word processor using the
translation and the pileup output. Anyone know of a better method?