IUBio

GCG FOR THE MAC ?

AKAMA, Keith T. cinnmosk at merle.acns.nwu.edu
Wed May 11 17:56:58 EST 1994

Hi.  I'm trying to use the internet genbank database
for my molecular biology research.  Would like to perform
sequence searches (both DNA and protein) as well as
homology searches (both DNA and protein).

it is my understanding that i need the application 'GCG'
to do so.

(1)  is this true?
(2)  if so, how do i get it?  (is it downloadable?)
(3)  if not, what do i need to get?

I have full access to the internet (via e-mail, ftp, telnet,
gopher, archie, etc.), and i am able to decode files.

And also, I am using the Macintosh system.

Is there anyone out there who can help me, or at least
point me in the right direction?

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.  Please return
posts directly to my e-mail address at:

cinnmosk at merle.acns.nwu.edu

thank you very much in advance.

- Keith Akama
  Chicago Institute for Neurosurgery and Neuroresearch.