MAP routine ENZyme qualifier

Xiaoying Lin xlin at umbc.edu
Wed May 11 11:39:04 EST 1994

In article <01HC6TWV7M9S0018R8 at crcvms.unl.edu>,  <CSMITH at CRCVMS.UNL.EDU> wrote:
>Hello All !!!
>I am running a LOT of RE digest analyses with the MAP routine, using the same
>set of 20 RE's. Inputing the abrevs for each of the enzymes either as the
>/ENZyme qualifier or as prompted from within the routine has been a tedious
>task. To aleviate some of the manual work, I tried using a file list of the
>enzymes with the enzyme qualifier ... /ENZyme=@enzyme.list, but to no avail.
>Is there a WORKABLE and/or BETTER way of inputing a list of RE's ?
>Thanks. Chris.

I usually wirte a file. include a line like
-enzyme=ecori,bamhi,..........

you can put other parameters in it also.

% map -init=filename

This should do the work.

You have to change the - to / for VMS i guess.

--
Xiaoying

: Xiaoying Lin  <xlin at umbc.edu>  Phone:410-455-2263  Fax: 410-455-3875 :
: Biol. Sci./U. of Md Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD 21228, USA       :