IUBio

Sticking sequences together

Julian Parkhill J.Parkhill at bham.ac.uk
Wed Mar 23 09:25:07 EST 1994

In article <Cn4B0w.Fs0 at festival.ed.ac.uk>, epat19 at festival.ed.ac.uk (A
Brown) wrote:

> All I want to do is to take a sequence of a vector (which I have the
> file for) and insert the sequence for a gene (which I also have the file
> for) in the correct R.E. site.

You should be able to do this in SEQED.
Edit the vector sequence using SEQED and go to the restriction site using
the cursor keys, or by giving the position. Then go to command mode with
<ctrl-Z> and type INCLUDE. The program will prompt for the name, range and
orientation of the included  sequence, and will then insert it at the
chosen
position, leaving markers at either end of the insert.
You may need to edit the ends of the insert, especially if you have
modified
the ends in the real cloning. Finally, type WRITE "newfile.name" or EXIT
"newfile.name" to make sure you don't overwrite the vector file.

E-mail me if you want any further help.
          Julian Parkhill   -   J.Parkhill at bham.ac.uk
   CRC Laboratories, Dept. of Cancer Studies, Medical School,
 University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TJ, U.K.
Disclaimer: If I thought anybody gave a damn about my opinions....