Building GCG7.3 on SunOS 4.1.3

David Womble dwomble at cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
Fri Dec 9 14:00:14 EST 1994

Pat Monardo (pjm at isis.cshl.org) wrote:
: I am using f77 2.0 to compile all of GCG7.3,
: hoping eventually to make some modifications. I get a BUS error
: when I try to read sequences however. I suspect that
: it is due to VMS alignment of records invoked with the -xl
: option. Can anyone offer advice on building GCG?

--
Why build them at all, since you can just load the binaries directly
"out of the box" from the CD for SunOS 4.1.3?  You only need fortran

David D. Womble
Center for Molecular Medicine and     Phone:  313-577-2374
Genetics, Wayne State University      Fax:    313-577-6200
5047 Gullen Mall, Detroit, MI 48202   E-mail: dwomble at cmb.biosci.wayne.edu