Is GCG still Vax/VMS specific??

lehn at islet.medsch.wisc.edu lehn at islet.medsch.wisc.edu
Sat Aug 13 21:27:19 EST 1994

In article <Neil.Clarke-130894145150 at 128.220.56.44>, <Neil.Clarke at qmail.bs.jhu.edu>
writes:

> From: Neil.Clarke at qmail.bs.jhu.edu (Neil Clarke)

> Excuse the naive question but I couldn't find the FAQ.  Years ago I wrote a
> program that used some GCG subroutines and I would now like to get the
> program running on a Unix machine. Can the GCG subroutine library be used
> to compile programs on non-VMS machines?  My recollection is that it used
> to be highly VMS specific.

GCG used to be VMS specific but it is my impression that they now have
a UNIX version.  When I was at NIH they were just in the process of
getting the UNIX port up and running on a Convex multiprocessor
unix box.  I don't know how portable the code is though.  You might
want to ask them yourselves.  They are on the net. Maybe someone
can give their Email address.