Is GCG still Vax/VMS specific??

Christoph Gartmann GARTMANN at IMMUNBIO.MPG.DE
Sun Aug 14 06:56:35 EST 1994

In <32jonb$eh6 at news.doit.wisc.edu> lehn at islet.medsch.wisc.edu writes:

> GCG used to be VMS specific but it is my impression that they now have
> a UNIX version.  When I was at NIH they were just in the process of
> getting the UNIX port up and running on a Convex multiprocessor
> unix box.

GCG is available for several UNIX flavours nowadays.

> I don't know how portable the code is though.  You might
> want to ask them yourselves.  They are on the net. Maybe someone
> can give their Email address.

You could try "help at gcg.com".

Regards
   Christoph Gartmann

| Max-Planck-Institut fuer      Phone   : +49-761-5108-465   Fax: -221       |
| Immunbiologie                 PSI     : PSI%(0262)45050160374::GARTMANN    |
| Postfach 1169                 Internet: gartmann at immunbio.mpg.de           |
| D-79011  Freiburg, FRG                                                     |
+----------- Do you know MENUE, the user environment for OpenVMS? -----------+