email servers

Christoph Gartmann GARTMANN at IMMUNBIO.MPG.DE
Thu Aug 4 09:25:00 EST 1994

In <31qdev$iv5 at mserv1.dl.ac.uk> jenkins at aidsun.nibsc.ac.uk writes:

> I'm sorry if this as a FAQ (though I don't recall seeing a similar question),
> but what e-mail services are available for the molecular biologist, for
> example the Blast services .

> To access these services, what software package(s) are required.

There is a compilation of biological e-mail-servers and ftp-servers by Amos
Bairoch (University of Geneva). In addition Rainer Fuchs at EMBL produced a
piece of software called MSU to allow a more simple access to e-mail services.
All this should be available at the EMBL file server.

To access e-mail services you don't need any special software. The normal
internet mailing software on your computer should be enough.

Regards
  Christoph Gartmann

| Max-Planck-Institut fuer      Phone   : +49-761-5108-465   Fax: -221       |
| Immunbiologie                 PSI     : PSI%(0262)45050160374::GARTMANN    |
| Postfach 1169                 Internet: gartmann at immunbio.mpg.de           |
| D-79011  Freiburg, FRG                                                     |
+----------- Do you know MENUE, the user environment for OpenVMS? -----------+