Batch sequence editing?

Steve Thompson: VADMS genetics THOMPSON at JAGUAR.CSC.WSU.EDU
Wed Aug 3 15:54:16 EST 1994

Hi -

Jan T. Kim (a1624091 at athena.rrz.uni-koeln.de) wrote in
<31os27INN46up at rs1.rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE>:

>do you know of a program in the package that can be used to do a little
>non-interactive sequence editing? I would like to extract pieces of
>sequences specified by accession number, starting position and length
>from the database; and I'd like to automate that with a command procedure.

Try EGCG's EAssemble.  This is a command line version of GCG's Assemble in
Peter Rice et al.'s Extended GCG suite.  Programs available at EMBL.  Warning:
If you are running GCG beta8, most of EGCG will NOT operate without
modification.  GCG procedure library changes have wrecked havok in EGCG.  Peter
says EGCG v8 should be out shortly after GCG distributes their general release.

						Steve Thompson

                              Steven M. Thompson
            Consultant in Molecular Genetics and Sequence Analysis
VADMS (Visualization, Analysis & Design in the Molecular Sciences) Laboratory
           Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164-1224, USA
          AT&Tnet:  (509) 335-0533 or 335-3179  FAX:  (509) 335-0540
                   INTERnet:  THOMPSON at jaguar.csc.wsu.edu