X79536 and Get_gbnew

Nick Staffa, ph 361-9422 ext226 STAFFA at NIEHS.NIH.GOV
Wed Aug 3 08:41:06 EST 1994

Everyday I run GCG's get_gbnew.com in order to update GB_NEW with the latest
and freshest cumulative update. I have made some changes in the procedure,
one of which is to not exclude anything:
$ !  IF YOU WISH TO INCLUDE *ALL* THE NEW ENTRIES, CHANGE THIS LINE TO:
$  excludestr = ""
$ ! excludestr = "/Exclude=Genbankdir:Genbank.exclude"
$
Most always, I am greeted in the morning with the message
"GB_NEW was obtained and formatted without incident"

The problem is that I cannot find nor fetch  X79536.

Mark (cavanaug at lagrange.nlm.nih.gov) at NCBI writes:
"Similarly, X79536 has been in every cumulative GenBank Update file that
 has been generated since 6/4/94 ."

Indeed one can use the Retrieve mail server and get it sent to one PDQ.

Do you have a sequence with this accession number in your GB_NEW ???
What am I doing wrong?
Doing a Names on today's GB_NEW yeilded me 18011 entries. Is this what
you get??
How can I tell what else I may be missing?