Way to gap around a 100 bp insertion?

pmiguel at bilbo.bio.purdue.edu pmiguel at bilbo.bio.purdue.edu
Fri Sep 10 11:41:07 EST 1993

>Is there some clever method to gap "around" a 100 bp insertion in genomic
>DNA? Lowering weights doesn't seem to help.
>
>Thanks
>

>Paul Kowalski

  I've found setting the length penalty to 0 allows me to compare cDNA with
genomic sequence fairly well with bestfit or gap.  I just use the command
line parameter, ie:

	bestfit/len=0

So it should allow you to gap "around" a 100 bp insert.  I'm not sure, but I
think mismatches are still penalized normally but the length of a gap
becomes unimportant.