IUBio

tcsh and SUN

Stephen Baird sbaird at mgcheo.med.uottawa.ca
Mon May 31 14:45:15 EST 1993

I remember first reading about tcsh in this group when
people converting from the VAX to UNIX versions were looking for
the command line replacement and command line editing on the
vax instead of the history command line editing of csh on UNIX.
I now use it all the time, but on the SUN itself in the "cmdtool"
window, the curser keys don't work and give me the previous commands.
Is this a termcap problem or does tcsh only capture the key commands
on simpler terminals?

Thanks

| Stephen Baird                        sbaird at mgcheo.med.uottawa.ca  |
| Molecular Genetics                       tel: 613-738-3925         |
| Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario   fax: 613-738-4833         |
| 415 Smyth Rd.                                                      |
| Ottawa, Ontario                                                    |
| Canada                                                             |
| K1H 8M8                                                            |