Concatenation of FASTA output files (more precise)

Reinhard Doelz doelz at comp.bioz.unibas.ch
Sat May 29 10:26:03 EST 1993

In article <doelz.738568028 at biox>, doelz at comp.bioz.unibas.ch (Reinhard Doelz) writes:
|> I need a software which will parse GCG 's output of FASTA (i.e., the
|> scoring histogram, the listing, and the alignments) and will concatenate
|> this into one single file. Has anyone attempted to write such a
|> program (VMS or UNIX), please mail (doelz at urz.unibas.ch) .

More specifically, I think of a utility which reads two output
files (e.g., vs. SWISSPROT:* and PIR:*) and concatenates these to one.
I am aware of the fact that this could be done with a FOSN but this cannot
be applied to this problem because the FASTAs shall not run on the same CPU.

--
|    Dr. Reinhard Doelz            | RFC     doelz at urz.unibas.ch         |
|   Klingelbergstrasse 70          | FAX     x41 61 261- 6760 or 267- 2078
|     CH 4056 Basel                | TEL     x41 61 267- 2076 or 2247    |
+------------- bioftp.unibas.ch is the SWISS EMBnet node ----------------+