INFO-GCG: Daresbury tests over + explanation

Alan Bleasby ajb at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk
Sun May 16 04:36:08 EST 1993

Please don't post to this group until the official announcement (already
sent to bionet.announce) appears and until the introduction by the group
discussion leader is posted. HOWEVER,

The reason for all these tests was due to an `alias' feature of the
NEWS<->email gateway caused by the NEWS heirarchy i.e.
    bionet.software
    bionet.software.gcg

This is the first time such a structure has existed on bionet (e.g.
the structure is different from bionet.molbio.x and bionet.molbio.y)

The gateway software has never (to our knowledge) caused any LISTSERV-type
(or other) bounces so we were loathe to apply any hasty patches to solve
the heirarchy problem [ergo the tests].

Having said that, some minor tweaking of headers may be necessary at this
end over the next few weeks but this will not affect routine operation of
the group.

Thanks once again for your forebearance.

Rgds

Alan Bleasby
SERC Daresbury Laboratory
Warrington WA4 4AD