Primer FAQ compilation

Thomas Miller, Dupont, 302-695-1745, fax 302-695-4260 millertj at esvax.dnet.dupont.com
Wed Dec 15 08:55:04 EST 1993

As this has become a FAQ I have put together the following information
on Primer generating programs.

There are, to my knowledge 4 programs which deal with pcr primer
construction....
Pgen - for Dos only
Primer - Stanford - Sun Sparcstations only
Primer - Whitehead -Unix, Vms (and DOS and Mac if you can compile it)
Amplify - Mac only

OSP - Unix, X-windows, Vms, DOS, Mac - by snail-mail only.

Below is all the info I have on said programs.
Hope this helps,

Dan Jacobson

Kudos go to the authors and the ftp site maintainers.