IUBio

Prettyplot problems.

Rick Kenney rkenney at helix.nih.gov
Fri Dec 3 17:21:00 EST 1993

In article <1993Dec3.135329.43337 at urz.unibas.ch> , naas1 at urz.unibas.ch
writes:

>Hello everybody,
>
>Does anybody know how to open and modify an EPSF file on MAC that has
>been created with the GCG programm Prettyplot? I tryed several
>programs already but so far without succes. Any advice is welcome.

A postscript file output by GCG can usually be opened by Word as a text
file, modified,
and saved as postscript code.  This is done by 'Selecting All' and
changing the Style
(in the Format menu) to ?Postscript.  If you have a version lower than
5.x you
may have to hold the Option key (I think) to get 'All Styles' to come up
when you press
the Format menu.  Later versions seem to have all the styles available.
Once the code
is postscript, you can send it directly to a laserprinter.  If you still
have problems,
make sure you imported the file in the binary format before trying to
modify it.

Hope this works as well for you as it does for us!

Rick